Every business entering a trade show whether it is the first time or the hundredth, is always trying to think of new and exciting ideas to draw people in and pay attention to them over the competition. With so many different things to choose from it can get over whelming and as time runs short it might seem easier to just pick whatever meets your budget. But this is not the way to go! Planning for a trade show should start months in advance, as soon as you get verification on exactly what size space you will have to work with you should start making arrangements to purchase or rent whatever entertainment you need.
The difference between a successful trade show or a mediocre one is all about planning and having something the crowd wants to see! Here are some great trade show ideas to help you stand out at your next trade show:
- Offer something no one else will! FOOD! Yes, this is something that might require additional planning but think about it, what draws people in like the smell of fresh popped pop corn or roasting coffee? Look into renting or purchasing a pop corn machine or coffee stand. If you look into this with enough time you may be able to get a custom pop corn machines and bags! Picture it, passing out pop corn from a custom pop corn machine to attendees in custom pop corn bags displaying your company’s logo! Word of mouth amongst attendees as to where they got the popcorn from will draw even more people to your booth!
- Offer gift certificates or coupons for your product or services as a giveaway! I would suggest doing this in exchange for customer information. Have attendees fill out a contact form and in turn give them a special discount on your services! This is a win-win; you get valuable contact info and almost a guaranteed sale in the future from providing them with a special discount!
- Have a drawing for a grand prize. Try to find a prize that would somehow compliment your business but also appeals to the entire audience. You can have a raffle, scratch off tickets, or just a simple guest book signing. Schedule to have the winner selected later in the trade show so that you can get as many people to participate as possible. As always, require them to exchange their contact info for a chance to win the grand prize.
- Get something interactive for people to enjoy. Try to find something that people will want to literally participate in. Whether it’s a slot machine, or a money booth, or something as simple as a prize wheel. You will likely draw a bigger crowd if the attendee can physically touch or participate in. P
- Be friendly! Anyone who comes by your booth you should try to say hi to. If the trade show is going to be large in size make sure you bring some additional hands to make sure that you can try to connect with as many people as possible.
About the author:
Jonathan Edelman provides helpful advice about trade show strategies. With years of experience in the trenches, he is an expert on booth displays, follow up techniques, and using trade show marketing strategies to boost revenue.